For further details or to make a booking please contact:
Ms Jane Mancey
01670 503535, 07729 476642 or send email via link below
Situated in peaceful,
rural Northumberland, 2 miles north west of the county town of Morpeth which hosts a selection of
restaurants and pubs for meals, and with a location only a few minutes' drive to the A1 allowing
easy access north to the Scottish Borders and south to the cities of Newcastle and Durham.
These cottages are set in 26 acres of private land and are ideally located for exploring the beautiful
Northumberland countryside, a wonderful unspoilt coastline, with fantastic hills for walking and numerous
castles to explore. There is a selection of top golf courses nearby for those who wish to partake while
they are away.
Hadrian's Wall, Kielder Observatory, Alnwick Castle with the famous gardens, Holy Island and the Farne
Islands bird sanctuary are some of the places within easy reach. Also historic towns of Hexham and
Corbridge are nearby or the Gateshead Metro Centre for shopping or the Baltic for those who require
something more artistic.
These attractive and comfortable cottages have been converted from a 17th century stone barn and are
with a shared garden in an attractive rural setting. We aim to make you comfortable and your holiday enjoyable.
- All cottages are fully equipped and heated.
- Comfortable seating and spring beds.
- All electric with digital TV, dvd and wifi (a little temperamental due to location)
- Electricity is metered and charged at the end of your stay
- Kitchens have microwaves and electric ovens
- All towels and bed linen included.
- Cot and high chair available
- Laundry areas
- Bathrooms heated towel rails and shaver point. Hairdryers are included in each cottage
- Parking available outside the cottages
- Dogs by arrangement for an additional fee
- Short breaks a minimum 3 days
- Personally managed.
Magpie Cottage (sleeps 3/5)
- Ground floor - pleasant living room with log-effect fire and sofa bed,
- First floor - Two bedrooms one with 2 single beds, one
with 1 single bed, bathroom.
Heron Cottage (sleeps 4)
- Entrance hall, open plan living room with log-effect fire, and kitchen area. Shower room.
- First floor - Large family, bedroom. 1 double bed, 2 single beds.
(popular for 2)
- Ground floor - open plan
living room with comfortable seating and kitchen.
- First floor -
4'6" double bed with en-suite shower room.
(popular for 2)
- Ground floor - Open plan living room with comfortable seating and kitchen.
- First floor -
4ft 6'' wide double bed, with ensuite shower and washroom.
Directions from Newcastle (25
left off the A1, on to the A697 at the junction signposted Coldstream.
Take the first right over the flyover, and rejoin the A1 heading back
- Continue on the A1 for a few metres, then
take the left hand turn signposted Morpeth A192.
- At the next
roundabout, turn right under the A1 on to the road signposted Alnwick,
and then left on to the unclassifed road signposted Pigdon.
Hagg is situated 1.5 miles up the road on the right.
- Take the A192, signposted
Alnwick, and at the junction turn left on to the unclassified road
- Benridge Hagg is situated 1.5 miles up this
road on the right.